Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Travel Preparations to Consider

Travel related illness is not something I want to ignore. I have begun investigating immunizations I will need and checking into suggested precautions to take before travel to Asia.

The CDC has a great website which has information on travel to India. http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/india.aspx#notices
If I am reading this website correctly I will need the following coverage:

Hepatitis A Shot
Typhoid Shot
Polio Booster
DPT Booster

Antimalarial Doxycycline prescription

Dengue Fever is a hazard too (insect repellent with high Deet %)

There is some concern about E-coli and water contamination. (Cipro prescription to take with me for the first signs of stomach issues)

Here is a YouTube clip on packing a Gastro Emergency Kit for Travel- good tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment