Sunday, January 18, 2009

Peru


The Peru pilgrimage begins January 21st in Lima, Peru. One of the major sights in Lima is the San Francisco Monastery. I will visit there and begin my study of St. Francis for the year 2009. It is amazing to think of the influence this holy man had on the world! The Lima Cathedral and Plaza Mayor will be toured too. Next I fly to Cuzco, the capital of the Inca Empire and travel through the Sacred Valley to Pisac. I will visit Bernardo Tambohuasco School to meet the students and teachers and learn more about Peruvian education. It will be a privilege to deliver the school supplies and money gift from my students to this learning community. The next stop will be Machu Picchu for a guided walking tour of the "Sacred City". What a great way to begin 2009!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Sandi!
    VERY nice:) Love the wallpaper, the colors, and the opportunity to read all about your travels--I'll have to "live vicariously through you"!
    Isn't it nice when life comes full circle and our children take the time to teach US something? Lovely picture of you, also!
    We'll be praying for your safe travels. And we'll keep watch over this new blog....Suddenly I want to start singing..."Happy trails to youuuuu...until we meet againnnn"...ok ..just don't tell anyone that I learned that in front of a 12" (black and white) tv watching The Roy Rogers Show in the 1950's:)
    Have a great time and bring back photos that make you go "Ahhhhhh"! Love, Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom,
    This looks great! Good job, and let me know if you need any more advice. I think there are more cool widgets you can put on here that will give it a more "world travel" feel.
    Cami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandi, Peru is an enchanting country, we visited in 1998 for 16 days. From the Amazon, to Lima, Cusco, and Machu Picchu. When I stepped through the gate in had goosebumps that lasted all day. Cami pointed me to your blog, I met her on Facebook. By the way it Dr Z from SBA. Linda and I are living on 8 acres north of Topeka, KS. We loved reading about you travels. It brought back many fond memories. "Thank's for the memories". My God guide your travels. I miss you and my SBA family.

    ReplyDelete