Wednesday, January 28, 2009

St. Francis of Assisi is EVERYWHERE!


Part of traveling is the fun of meeting new people along with the lovely sights and moments of discovery. On my trip to Peru I reconnected with an 8th grade teacher from Austin, Texas. Don Hale teaches at St. Francis of Assisi School in Austin so we have so much in common. At the Andina Hotel in Lima he discovered an old friend common to both of us- St. Francis himself! Yes, there on a landing in a hallway was an old statue of St. Francis of Assisi- so, of course we had a picture made with our favorite saint!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Mrs. Chando! I guess I'm the first one to leave a comment. Anyway, I'm so amazed at you going to Peru. If the class went with you, they'd probably love you a lot. They would absolutely freak out if they saw those llamas and alpacas up close, and I would, too. See ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks- but I have no idea who this is because your address does not have a name in it!

    ReplyDelete